JOB DESCRIPTION – SITE DIRECTOR (TUITION BASED)
THE MISSION: The mission of Roads to Success is to deliver enriching academic and recreational programming and a college access and career development curriculum to promote the academic, social, emotional and professional development of young people. We engage minds from kindergarten through young adulthood to help them become more confident, more responsible, and more interested in the world around them while building pathways to the fulfillment of their goals.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: RTS after-school programs provide young people with snack, homework help, creative learning activities, and recreational and educational games. RTS emphasizes excellent ratios of adults to children, creative staffing and programming, and a staff training strategy that enables our young professionals to develop extraordinarily meaningful relationships with the students in their care.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The primary function of the Site Director is to work with staff and students to enforce a positive community culture at RTS programs and to ensure that RTS' goals for children are being realized. Site Director's expected to be positive role models for the children and staff they supervise.
Required Hours: Generally, M-F, School Days, 2PM-6PM, Sept. - June
Reports to: Senior Program Director
Supervises: All Program Staff
Salary: Competitive; based on experience and program responsibilities
- Interview, hire, train and evaluate educational specialists, instructors and group leaders
- Maintain program enrollment and monitor rate of participation
- Manage site-based instructional staff and support the curriculum development process;
- Ensure a strong relationship between the school day curriculum and the OST program; conduct regular meetings with the principal and/or key school staff, and attend school and curriculum development trainings.
- Maintain all required administrative records and files according to program requirements and applicable regulations;
- Communicate drop-ins to Senior Program Director
- Provide monthly supervisory meetings with staff to discuss performance, strengths and challenges.
- Hire/dismiss program staff and communicate staffing needs to Senior Program Director;
- Communicate consistently with parents;
- Ensure that daily schedule is followed;
- Initiate and organize functions such as special events, performances, parent events, field trips, etc;
- Report staff hours to Senior Program Director on a bi-weekly basis;
- Oversee the ordering and maintenance of materials;
- Attend monthly site director meeting and participate in and/or lead professional development trainings.
- Manage relationships with subcontractors and partners
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Program Director
Qualifications: Qualified candidates must have a college degree, at least four years experience in an academic/recreation setting with children and at least two years supervisory experience. Qualified candidates must have a strong commitment to children and especially children at risk. Must be willing to learn and implement new strategies to inspire students to be positive, thoughtful and motivated to work hard and take risks. This individual must possess the ability to inspire positive teamwork amongst the staff, initiate and follow-thorough with minimal supervision as well as work under pressure, adapt to changing priorities, and balance competing deadlines. Strong administrative skills, including strong computer and technology proficiency. Knowledge of New York State School Age Child Care (SACC) Credentials. Impeccable references are a must. A Masters level degree in a related field is a plus.
Your cover letter should address why you are interested in working in youth development, and what skills or qualities you will bring to the role in which you are applying.